First and foremost we want to thank the thousands of people in the community who selflessly dedicate their time, money, energy and resources to our mission.
We are so appreciative and grateful for each and every one of you!
Friends of The Basket Brigade
- The City of North Charleston – Who generously provides the space at the Charleston Area Convention Center for our assembly and delivery start point (2011-present).
- Coastal Cupboard – In August of 2005 the Pitner Family opened the Coastal Cupboard, “the Lowcountry’s most complete kitchen store”. The Charleston Basket Brigade gets 100% of the money raised from their yearly knife sharpening fall fundraiser. (November 2012-20) Last year, the fundraiser raised almost $4000 and we hope 2020 raises even more money and awareness.
- Phipps & Associates – Who graciously donate their time and effort to make sure that our taxes get filed correctly each and every year. (2012-present)
- The Joye Law Firm – Who generously donated $500 to our efforts this year.
- John Smoak of SmoakStack Studios We are so lucky to have John! He gives us his time, talent and resources by photographing our event every year. John perfectly captures the spirit and energy of our volunteers on the big day.
- Ellen Stebbins – Ellen has been an avid supporter of the Charleston Basket Brigade for years and continues to be one of our greatest champions!
- Wonder Works and the formidable Christine Osborne. Christine is our single largest supporter of our “Change for Change” campaign.
- Meryl Cromarty is one of our angel fundraisers for the Charleston Basket Brigade. Thank you, Meryl for all you do for us and this community!
- Elysse Pardus has been involved with the Basket Brigade since she was 8 years old. In 2013, she made it her personal goal to raise $3,000. In the next three years, she and her sister Kaila raised more than $20,000. WOW! Thank You ladies! We can’t wait to see what you’ll do this year!
- Jeff Donaldson at ACE Home Inspections who has graciously agreed to donate $10 from every home inspection ordered by a Carolina One Real Estate agent during the holiday season. Thank you Jeffrey
Past Contributors & Notables
- The Exchange Club of Charleston – We are thrilled to share that we accepted a $6,000.00 grant from The Exchange Club of Charleston this year. This is the fourth year that the Basket Brigade has applied for and received a grant from the esteemed service club. Thank You! #ExchangeStrong #CoastalCarolinaFair
- Gwynn’s of Mount Pleasant and Marshall Simon who has generously supported the Basket Brigade 2013-2018
- A huge shout out to Sanders Brothers Construction & Blanton and Sons for helping us with our large deliveries in years past
- Durham School Services who has provided buses for The CBB for several years.
- Joe Binz and his staff at Charleston Sign & Banner who graciously donated to the CBB a vinyl, color banner.
- Volunteer T-Shirts donated courtesy of Florie’s Screen Printing and J&P Outfitters
- The Pearlstine Family Fund of the Coastal Community Foundation has donated the resources to provide 275 baskets for families in need. Words do not express how grateful we are for your generosity.
- Derek Pace – for his tireless and selfless help in years past with the arrival and coordination of all of our groceries over the years…
- Ooh Events & Out of Hand (Louis Yuhasz) The 2014 Share The Harvest event hosted by Ooh Events and Out of Hand was not only an amazing evening, but also a huge success and raised over $4,200 for the CBB. Thank You Louis!
- The Wrenn Group and Ray Wrenn for their past contributions. The Wrenn Group creates communities that are in harmony with nature, the rich history, and the distinctive architecture of South Carolina.
- OneMain Financial – Collectively, their organization raised over $1,700 for the 2013 Basket Brigade.
- The Lowcountry Business Network and Armada Real Estate – These businesses hosted a Charity Golf Tournament to benefit the Charleston Basket Brigade (2011 & 2012).
- All American Awards – Provided trophies for the 1st and 2nd Annual Charity Golf Tournament (2011 & 2012).
- Towne Centre Tobacco & Wine – The Charleston Basket Brigade was a beneficiary of their Annual Anniversary Event/Wine Tasting (2011).
- Irvin-House Vineyards – Fran Collins donated 6 cases of wine for us to sell at the Towne Center Tobacco & Wine Annual Anniversary Event (2011).
- Daniel Island Park Day – The City of Daniel Island invited the Charleston Basket Brigade to be a beneficiary at this annual event (2011, 2012 & 2013).
- Chattin’ in Manhattan – Talk show host Garth Sandiford had Basket Brigade co-founder Pam Hartley on the show to talk about the Charleston Basket Brigade (2011).
- Kara Communications – Owner Ken Reuter donated a full size Charleston Basket Brigade banner to use at events. (2012)
- Minuteman Press – Owner Buddy Smith printed our “Change for Change” flyers (2011).
- Benefit Focus– Employees Kimberly Allen and Brent Dameron lead a company wide fundraiser (2011).
- Leslie Skinner & Caren Putzu – Our former Communities in Schools coordinators, who graced us with her devotion and meticulous attention to detail for the first eight years of the Basket Brigade.
Additional thanks go out to…
Philip Cheves, (head of the marketing department of Carolina One Real Estate) who, along with Jacob Ulak, head up the loading and delivery for our efforts. Without their tireless effort and unsurpassed organization, none of this would happen.
Our Board of Directors